Miles and Tyson have been sharing a room for the last 3 years, and in the last couple of months Drew has joined them. The boys love this. It is like the boys dorm, and party time every night. Which I didn't mind in the summer, but has been increasingly challenging. Troy asks me almost nightly after we put the boys to bed, "why did we need to buy a bigger house with more bedrooms?"
Last week was a nightmare - I was fighting the boys every night to go to sleep. They were having a party in there, that was lasting a couple of hours. Troy had several late nights so he was not here to witness the mad house. Last Thursday I told Miles, tonight is the last night in Tyson's room. He had to move into his own bedroom. I felt I little little the Father on Peter Pan kicking Wendy out of the nursery, and it made me feel a little sad, and Miles was heart broken over leaving the party.
Troy and I decided to make this a positive move. We let Miles decide how he wants to decorate his room, and since he is not sharing it, we don't have to compromise to much. He was exciting about this and without hesitation said that he wants a Power Ranger's Jungle Fury room. Sounds cool and exciting - except that there is no bedding in that theme, no lamps or other fun things that I could use in the room. So, I am going to have to be very inventive on this room, but is it going to be fun.
Since Miles moved out, Tyson and Drew have been going to bed so much better. Now we are just fighting Miles at bed time - which we have since he was born. Miles has never been a good sleeper....I think that he takes after Troy.
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
Miles is Kicked Out of the Nursery
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I think he should move in with his G. Moffitt, they could party all party and the rest of us could get some sleep.
The funny thing is the first thing that came to mind was church, but then I thought wait Miles is the oldest, so then I had to read the blog, interest totally peaked. LOL. Love the Peter Pan analogy! So cute, poor guys. All of mine are together now, and it is the worst on Erik. Understand completely and can't wait to get back to Texas where everyone can have thier own rooms again!!
At least he's not out on the streets! I can totally hear them partying and laughing in my head while reading your blog! They are so darn cute! Too bad ANY of them got Troy's strange sleep stuff! I say that with the best of thoughts toward my favorite little bro! hahahaha
Post a Comment