Troy and I have a running joke between us about Husband/Wife/Father/Mother of the Year Award. You get the award when you are clueless and should be doing something other than what you are doing - Anyway, today I got Mother of the Year.
I am so tired of the election stuff on the news that I decided to boycott it. I really haven't watched it in at least a month. If something important is going on Troy tells me about, or I read about it online. Anyway - I got up this morning dressed all my kids in shorts and t-shirts and sent them on their way. It was in the 80's yesterday, and it was a beautiful morning this morning. I don't think we got into the 60's and it was windy. My poor kids froze. Miles came home from school and said, "can I wear jeans tomorrow, I was really cool today." I bet he was, and I felt terrible. So if you saw my kids walking around today in short and t-shirt and thought to yourself bundled up in jeans and sweatshirt, what mother would let her child out on a day like today with no clothes on ... That would be me. Like I said, I earned Mother of the Year today. I will start watching the news in the morning now, at least to get the weather so that my kids will be dressed appropriately.
Monday, October 27, 2008
Mother of the Year Award
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment