Friday, October 10, 2008

New Decorations

I few days ago (whenever the VP debate was) Troy and his friend Doug went to Collin County Town Hall thing, I am not really sure what it was called. The local candidate that are up for election were there as well as booths for the presidential candidates. I think that this was right up both of their alleys with there extreme interest in the election. Anyway, when Troy came home we had some new decorations.

New lawn art (the sign, not the boys)

Window decor. I dislike bumper stickers, but every election have let Troy "decorate" my car until the election, then off they come!

I have to admit, I am a Sarah fan. Troy and I have had the conversation about how I think that the republican party needs to find a young energetic person to run for president. They keep finding all these old boring guys....and I think that is how the party is viewed is old and boring. I guess that it kind of is. It the party that is struggling to keep some of the values that this country was founded on alive. Remember: We live in the greatest country on earth! Let keep it that way stop trying to force your change crap down my throat. I do not want the government to control any more than already do, or corrupt my core values.

The day that McCain announced his running mate, Troy was so excited to tell me. The first thing that Troy asks me every day he comes home with news to share, is have you been watching the news? My answer "No, they do not broadcast the news on the Disney channel or my ipod." Anyway, Troy came home and said "McCain announced his VP pick and you are going to be so excited. She is a women, young, has 5 kids, deeply religious, and very conservative." So yes, I was very excited to hear that. After hearing her speak at the Republican Convention I really liked her. I thought that she sounded like an average Mother with average Mother trials and concerns and ready to give us a voice in Washington.

When it comes to Presidential candidates, Obama drives me crazy. I don't think that he gives a straight answer and dances around everything, but he is very good speaker at talking circles. I think that he has a shady past and if the media was not in love with the thought that of have a black Democrat as president, they may actually report on it. I am very concerned with Obama's policies. (1) Health care - he wants all employers to provide health care to their employees. While watching the debate last week I was googling several things that was talked about and debated, this was one of them. One thing that I found was about 70% of businesses in the USA have 10 employees or less...we are one of them. We can't afford to have a company insurance policy. We did have a company policy it was outrageously expensive to insure our family, and it was crappy insurance. If we had to offer that to our employees, we couldn't afford it. So you know what we would do, trim our employees down, (which I am sure is what most small business owners would do) which will increase unemployment, and chain react from there. I liked McCain's option of a tax credit and getting self insured. We are now on a family policy and it is more than half the cost, and I would gladly take another tax credit. (2) Obama wants to increase taxes on businesses with an income of $250,000 or more. Again this would affect us, and again it effect like 80% of business. (3) I think that we are in a time of war. I think that we are living in a time of prophecy, and so we know more war is unfortunately ahead of us. I would so much rather have McCain as commander-in-chief than Obama. (4) The last thing that I am worried about is if Obama is elected we will also get a bunch of new Democrat senators and representatives that got voted in on his ticket. If this happens we will have a filibuster proof congress. So the republican party would not have a voice. Troy and I were talking about this, and I said, if Obama gets elected all so people who have been threatening to move to Canada won't have to worry about. We will be just like them. We will have one ruling party, socialize health care, nationalize banks, and outrageous taxes.

1 comments:

Betty said...

Great post Kristin, I wish McCain would interview some small business owners and expose the trueths about the taxes.