Monday, September 29, 2008

First Day at Taekwondo

Miles has been wanting to do some kind of martial arts for awhile. I have been hesitant, because I did want the commitment. I have really like the freedom to do what we want when I had all the kids home. So, I made a deal with Miles that I would look into after he started school and we saw how tired he was, and if I thought he could handle an after school activity.


Miles has really adjusted well to school schedule and so I decided that he could definitely handle an after school activity. So a couple of weeks ago I stopped in at a Taekwondo place not far from our house to ask them about their program. They have a trial program. It is $20, we get our uniform and two classes. I thought that was a great idea so I signed Miles up.

Today was his first class and he was so excited to go, and then we walked in and he said, "I decided that I don't want to do this anymore." After I persuaded him to put on the uniform he was all for it. We got there a few minutes early so we were looking at there pictures, Miles was getting more and more excited about his class. When it came time for the class - Miles was the only kid there. Today he learned how to punch. When we got in the car he said "did you hear me and see what I was doing?" "Yes, I watched you the whole time." "Did you see that I was a Power Ranger!"
I think we are sold on this sport. Miles is going to learn how to be a Power Ranger. Could live be any better.

3 comments:

Piano Mom said...

Your boys are adorable! I'm so glad we found each other. It will be fun to catch up through our blogs. :)

Lauren said...

So cute. How much fun to be a kid...I used to day-dream about flying like the Great American Hero. If your boy wants to be a Power Ranger, more power to him!

Anonymous said...

miles was showing us how he stretches for class. wow!

katie