We have had some really nice weather this week. After we got the boys all bathed, I took Miles out on the balcony to practice his sight words for school. Miles and I are doing our own thing, and pretty soon we are joined by Troy and Tyson. We are all sitting up there watching the cars drive by, enjoying the nice fall evening, and Troy says "Oh, Drew!" Drew has closed the door and locked us out on the balcony. Troy says well at least I have my keys. Except that when he goes to unlock the door, our keys don't work in that lock. We had no idea that the lock upstairs was different than every other lock in the house, and we were never given keys to that door. Miles starts freaking out and crying. Saying just yell for help Mommy. I told him, Drew figured out how to lock the door, I am sure that in a couple minutes he will figure out how to unlock it. So we go back to our finishing our words, while Troy is trying to tell our precious two year old how to unlock a door.
Troy tried, I tried, Tyson tried, Miles tried - it is now a game. We are all huddled around the door, and Drew is laughing at us. He is showing us his horsey face, and pig face, knocking on the window and grabbing every car on the floor to show us. This is great fun for him - everyone in the family is his captive audience. Now Troy and I are trying to figure how to get off the balcony.
We were probably up there for about 15 minutes when our neighbor walks out. I felt so dumb. I'm yelling down at her "um....could you come in our house and let us back in? Our baby has locked the whole family - except him - out here." Thankfully she came and saved us - and waited until she back in her own house to drop to her knees, grabbing her stomach laughing. I am sure that we will be the talk of the neighborhood.
The other thing that I was grateful for - my whole house was clean. This is a small feat. My whole house is never all clean at the same time. But, since Miles was home sick yesterday, I didn't get my house cleaned. I cleaned it today and then took the kids and left, so it was still clean. I am so grateful for this since she got a complete tour of my house while I am standing locked out on my balcony waiting to be rescued.
New goal: Always try to keep my house clean enough that neighbors can walk in and give themselves a tour and rescue me at anytime. I am hoping this is not a trend with Drew.
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Oh Drew!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
That is quite funny! Probably wasn't for you though at the time. I would have been really worried because our front door is never unlocked for a neighbor to even try to help us! You must live in a safer place than we do.
Post a Comment