Friday, September 5, 2008

My Turn

Since Miles started school, Troy has been taking him to school and walking him into his class. Today Troy had to be out at a job before school started, so I got to take Miles to school. Tyson and Drew were still in there PJ's and had no shoe on, so I told Miles that we had go to the carpool lane this morning. He was upset that I couldn't walk into class, and was coming with all kinds of alternatives that I could do so that I could walk him to class. Alas, we drove into the carpool lane, Miles jumped out, and walked up to the cafeteria by himself. As I watched him walk away with his Spiderman backpack to his knees, walking up to school by himself, I started crying and cried all the way home.

I have decided that this school business is a lot harder on me than Miles. I miss my little boy all day. Everywhere I got, and everything I do, I am looking for Miles - it is habit. When he get home, I have missed out on the happy, bubbly Miles, and get the tired, grumpy Miles. I only get Miles for about 4 hours a day, his teacher and friends at school get him for 8. And when I ask him how school was, the only report I get is about recess or lunch.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am laughing while picturing miles walking with his huge backpack to his knees. poor baby!

katie