Monday, September 22, 2008

I Need a Pepsi!

I have been sick since Thursday. I have had a horrible headache, I am sick to my stomach, my whole body hurts. I feel like I have the flu, but I don't feel like I have the flu - I just feel horrible. I have been complaining to Troy all weekend about how horrible I feel. We were going to go out on Friday night, and I cancelled that. I basically slept all weekend. I feel like I have a migraine, but I don't have all my usual symptoms. So, this morning I am talked to Troy on the phone and telling him that I still feel horrible. Then I ask him - do you think this has anything to do that I bought caffeine free Pepsi this week? So I Google caffeine withdrawal and am get websites like caffeine dependence and overcoming caffeine addiction. I tell Troy - I am an addict! I truly thought that I was addicted to my soda, not the caffeine, and so the change would not make a difference. I told Troy that I have stopped drinking soda before - each time that I am pregnant I stop drinking soda. (Actually, I stop eating and drinking everything except for KFC mashed potatoes - but that is a different story). So, I guess that I never realized how sick that it made me, I just thought that I was sick because I was pregnant. OK, so here are the symptoms of caffeine withdrawal.

  • Headache - Check, it feels like a freight train is trying to plow through my head
  • Fatigue - Check, it looks like the freight train that is going through my head also went through my house. Remember my goal to keep my house clean so that I can rescued - it is going to have to wait until my head returns to normal. I will stay in the house and keep Drew by my side.
  • Sleepiness/drowsiness - Check, I went to bed when the boys went to bed last night
  • Difficulty concentrating - Check
  • Work difficulty - Check, can this explain why my house is still in a uproar
  • Flu-like symptoms - Check, I feel like I have been riding the freight train and am sick to my stomach

As I am reading this to Troy - he is laughing at me. I am an addict. So how does he help me, he brought me home I huge coke. Thanks honey. :) My headache is gone, and I feel like I am half way functioning again. I will try to kick my habit another day, today procrastination is going to my friend.

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

It is a tough habit to break that is for dang sure. I also get all 6 of those withdrawal symptoms but you would have to add "Irritability" on there too to make that 7 symptoms for me.

You are very good to have quit while you were pregnant. I had to have a can of diet Coke at least every other day. D'oh!

Troy said...

Drink a Dr. Pepper every hour and those symptoms will go away permanently.

Betty said...

Have I told you lately "I love my pepsi's" and I don't plan to give them up (for sure now) I'm glad they make me happy, I like happy.
So there.....