A couple of Drew funnies that happened today. Drew is really starting to become possessive of his belonging. He has also learned that the louder you scream and cry, the faster you back your belongings.
Funny 1: This morning Troy and I were in the office and Drew came running in with a book and tried to stick it in the shredder. I grabbed the book and set it down on the counter. Well Troy turned around and started shredding some papers. Drew freaked out! He started screaming "MY BOOK! MY BOOK!" As soon as I handed him his book back, he grabbed it and ran out of the office. We both started laughing.
Funny 2: I was checking out at the grocery store. Drew was in my cart and the kid that was bagging my groceries was loading them into a new cart. Drew was sitting there watching this. He started out telling the boy, "No, my toothbrush. Stop it! No, my toothbrush." This went on with everything that the guy bagged. Toward the end, Drew was screaming at the boy, "STOP IT! NO MY SNACKS!" But when the guy bagged Drew's yogurts - he lost it. The "NO STOP IT! NO MY YOGURT!" Which caused all the people in the check out line to stare. Also, when Drew gets really upset he starts shaking as he cries. So here is my Drew shaking, crying (very loudly), and screaming at the kid bagging the groceries to stop it. The guy looked me and said, "what is wrong with your kid?" I had been trying to calm Drew down during this exhibition of personally. I calmly looked at him and said "he thinks that you are taking his yogurt, snacks and toothbrush. He will stop as soon as we are done and I move him to that basket." Sure enough, when we were all done and moved Drew into the other cart. He stopped crying. The boy that was bagging our items, just started laughing, and so did I. What else can you do?
Wednesday, September 3, 2008
Drew Meltdown
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
At least you won't have to worry about him becoming a bagger...
Post a Comment