I just finished "The Kite Runner" by Khaled Hosseni. This is the second time that I have this book. I loved the book the first time, the second time I think that I understood the message of the book more than just reading the story. One thing that I really like about this book, is that it is unpredictable. I really like to read book that I am not sure which way the story is going to go.
What I liked about this book:
-I liked the raw look that you are giving into Afghanistan. How life changed for them with the invasion of Russia, and the the liberation of the Taliban. This was the first book that read about Afghanistan and it was eyeing opening to their culture, traditions and lifestyle.
-I liked how the book explored the relationship between Father and Son. Child seeking approval of his father, and then coming to love and understand his father and what he was.
-I also liked that this book was about choices - good and bad, and how we need to forgive our self to ultimately find peace.
Monday, March 31, 2008
The Kite Runner
Labels: Books
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment