Why? Because I think that Drew can open my doors. This is a problem, because so far I have been able to used closed doors as one of my methods for child - no make that Drew - proofing my home. Drew can climb up everything! So nothing can be on the table or arm length on any counter because he can do a pull up and grab it. He loves to play, splash and throw things in the toilet. He can open all my toy totes (which Miles and Tyson can't), and loves to dumb them out. I was actually just thinking today "I am glad that Miles and Tyson haven't come up with the idea of opening the toy closet door and getting Drew to open the toy totes for them, I would have a big mess." *AAH I am in trouble*
So, why don't get the child-proof door knob cover thing-a-boppers? Because I use those to child-proof my house for Miles and Tyson. I use them on a couple of doors I don't want the boys in (i.e my office and Drew's room). Miles can get them open once in a while, but as a whole they keep the big boys out, which means my little tornado we named Drew is also out. Since I put them on the doors I don't want the boys in, I have put NO effort into teaching the boys how to open the doors with them on. So now I am in a quagmire. Do I: teach Miles and Tyson how to open the child-proof doors, and put the locks on every door in the house, and until they learn to open them, open the door every time someone needs to go the bathroom, but now they can get into the rooms I don't want them in; or do I just leave things the way they are and heighten my Drew radar and now listen for doors opening.
Either way, I am in trouble. No matter what I do, someone will be in some room that I don't want them in. *Sigh*
Saturday, March 29, 2008
I Am In Trouble!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment