Saturday, March 22, 2008

Welcome Spring

The first day of spring was this week, and I am so ready for the weather start changing and for it to warm up. I love this time of year when you start to see signs of life again, and it feels so good to emerge from our nice warm house and shed our warm clothes and step outside in to the warm sunshine. We will enjoyed our warm day today, because I am sure that we will have at least one more cool blast before we really start to warm up.

Here is my list of signs of spring:
-The Bradford pear trees are covered with tiny white flowers
-My lilies in the front yard are about 10" tall (although I have no flowers yet)
-Our leafless trees in the green belt are filled with birds nesting
-My boys all wore short today and their legs are blinding white sticking out of the bottom
-We rode our bike this evening and could smell yummy barbecues
-Troy mowed the yard today and has officially started the yard work season

I know in about 4 months I will be complaining about the heat - but right now I am happy to see spring.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sooooo glad. I haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate cold weather.