We left Troy's parents and started our drive to Nauvoo. I am adding to my thanks and saying that I am thankful that Troy let us stop and sleep in a hotel Thursday, instead of driving all the way to Nauvoo in one night.
We stopped and spent about half a day in Independence, Missouri. The boys liked the visitor center, it was very kids friendly (at the least the part we saw). They got to climb on a wagon, and horse and run through a cabin. I enjoyed a refresher course of the church history from that area.
After the visitor center we walked through the Community of Christ temple. It was interesting to hear their version of Joseph Smith, and the doctrine that they decided to keep from our church and what they changed. Miles stayed with me through the tour, while Troy wrestled Drew and Tyson since he had seen the tour before. Miles didn't have to much to say about it. I think that he was bored and didn't really understand what the guy was talking about.
We stopped and spent about half a day in Independence, Missouri. The boys liked the visitor center, it was very kids friendly (at the least the part we saw). They got to climb on a wagon, and horse and run through a cabin. I enjoyed a refresher course of the church history from that area.
After the visitor center we walked through the Community of Christ temple. It was interesting to hear their version of Joseph Smith, and the doctrine that they decided to keep from our church and what they changed. Miles stayed with me through the tour, while Troy wrestled Drew and Tyson since he had seen the tour before. Miles didn't have to much to say about it. I think that he was bored and didn't really understand what the guy was talking about.
0 comments:
Post a Comment