Monday, November 12, 2007

Miles Rough Day

This morning Miles and Troy had eye appointments. They got there and the doctor called in sick, so then we were frantically trying to find another doctor since Troy didn't have any appointments this morning, and took Miles, so I could stay home with the other two. Trying to find a doctor that would; see a 4 year old, see Troy also, and either take a walk in, or have two appointments together that would be done by noon so Troy could get back to work, was more challenging than I thought it would be. Anyway - Troy found someone, and they had their appointments, but now Miles has got to go see a specialist so that they can dilate his eyes. We are going in next Monday for that.

Waiting a week for an eye appointment probably wouldn't have been a big deal if Miles wasn't devastated that he didn't get to leave today with glasses. He has been so excited to go get his glasses. I met Troy at the doctor to pick up Miles so that he could go to work. The kids and I when went to Target to get a couple of things for our trip. Going to Target with three kids is already an adventure but Miles lost it while we were in the store. He was upset about his glasses or lack of getting glasses and started crying, no he was screaming and weeping, about 5 minutes into our trek through the store. He was upset with me because I wouldn't just go in the glasses store and buy him some. Then he saw a pair of Cars Crocs that he decided he needed. Because I am a mean Mom, and it is suppose to be getting close to winter, (although he didn't understand that as he is standing there in shorts) I told him no. That was his breaking point. I don't think that I could get out of Target fast enough. The other people in Target probably thought so to. Oh life is so hard when you are 4, and things don't work out how you think they should.

Hopefully, next weeks appointment will go better. I will keep my fingers crossed.

1 comments:

Greg and Carly said...

Phew, I am SO glad that I am not the only mommy that wonders through Target with SCREAMING children!! MY favorite is when people look at you like you should be able to control the volume on the screaming child, now wouldn't that be convinient??!! :D

I didn't know that Miles is getting glasses? I will tell Grace, she will be SO SO excited!!