Sunday, November 18, 2007

Fun Memory


Last year we spent Thanksgiving Day with my family, and the Friday after we went to Austin to spend the weekend with Casey and Kelly.

As you can see from the picture we drove downtown, the boys in Uncle Casey's jeep, and the girls and Drew in my car following. This jeep ride started a several month obsession with Miles and Jeeps.

The day before Uncle Rod had giving Miles and Tyson their drive around Jeep that their kids had out grown. So we started going on almost daily walks with Miles and his jeep. When we did go for for walks with the jeep, Miles created his own. One of his favorites was his Nokia Jeep, that looked just like Uncle Casey's. But he also had a yellow jeep, a white jeep, a work jeep, a boat jeep.....you name it he had it. When we went somewhere Miles would get his pretend jeep that fit what we were doing and away we would go.

When Troy started the building the pool, the jeeps got replaced by work trucks. Then Miles had a plumbing truck, a digger truck and tractor, etc. One day at church when I picked Miles up from his class his teacher asked me what my husband did. I said he builds pools. She asked, do you have a lot of trucks? No, just one, Troy's work truck. Oh, she said, Miles talks nonstop about all the truck that he has, I couldn't figure out what your husband did that you would need so many trucks. I giggled, and replied, Miles truck are his pretend trucks.

Sometime during the summer the jeeps and trucks all disappeared. It is sad to say, but I am not even sure when they stopped. Miles imagination has not slowed down, just changed to Power Rangers, Spider man and He-Man. I wish I had his great imagination.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm not sure if tyson likes jeep trucks as much as miles! poor baby!

katie