Friday, November 2, 2007

Drew and Tipper have a brawl


We have had a rough morning in the Whatcott house. Tipper (the dog) and Drew (the baby) had a little tiff this morning. But since neither party can talk....I have to use all the skilled I have learned from watching CSI and being a Mom to piece together what happened.


Here is the scene, Mom (me) comes running down the stairs after hearing a bark and then immediate crying (the cry that says I am hurt and you needed to be 10 minutes ago). What I find is the victim (Drew) laying in a heap next to Tippers bed, and the accused (Tipper) shaking in the corner.


Flashback 5 minutes before the said incident.


As I stated early - We have had a rough morning. The kids have all been sick with a stomach bug. Which as you may know means that I have been trying to control the messes that have been spewing out of the top half of children - which has now migrated to the bottom half of my children (if you get my drift). So, I just bathe Tyson and redressed him, and was putting in my bed, when I hear Miles run up the stairs yelling "Mommy". I run to meet him and discover that he to is now needing to have a bath to get clean up. I scoop him up, to minimize the drips as we run to bathroom. As I run down the hall I notice Drew is sitting at the bottom of the stairs in a daze with a car in each hand, and his bow (pacifier) going full speed. Tipper is a sleep in her bed in the dining room about 10 feet away.


I start the bath, call Troy to tell him to bring home pull-ups. Run back to the bathroom to turn off the water, Tyson is now screaming because I forgot his drink, Drew is still sitting on the stairs in a daze, Tipper is asleep, Miles is complaining that the bath is to cold.


I start to wash Miles, when the bark and drop everything scream happens. Tell Miles don't move, yell down the hall to Tyson I will get his drink when I can get to it, and race to the stairs to find the already described scene. I grab the victim (Drew) off the floor and notice his bloody eye. I yelled at Tipper which sent her fleeing - good thing she can run fast than me. Run for the phone to call Troy again. This time I am half crying - tell him to come home right now the dog bit the baby and the boys have lost it.


Miles is now crying that I forgot him in the cold tub (which isn't cold he has a fever), Tyson is crying because I forgot his drink, Drew is crying because I am now trying to clean up the blood to see how bad the damage is, and Tipper is clawing and whimpering at the garage door to get in to her kennel (she knows she is in big trouble).


Now fast forward 30 minutes everything is quiet and peaceful. Tipper has been banded to her kennel until I am not mad at her. Tyson got his drink and is now napping. Miles got out of the tub warmed up and is now napping. And in my best detective work I have concluded that Drew crawled over to Tipper while she was in a deep sleep and ponced her. Which in turned scared her (the bark) and made her jump and buck off Drew who went flying (scream) to the ground and hit his eye on the floor (the blood). Drew also got cleaned up, given a bottle and is now napping. I am now exhausted, I too am going to try to take a nap.


1 comments:

Greg and Carly said...

Oh Kris, I can relate.
We (thankfully)are not all sick right now, but there must be a bug going around our house that causes my kids to do and say things that they normally would not! The last couple days have been craziness on a differant level. I feel for you, and hopefully things(specifically tummies)will calm down for you SOON!! Take Care, Carly