Thursday, July 3, 2008

The Drive up to Utah

We had a great time in Utah this year. The boys and I enjoyed getting to see the family and spending time with them. We ran at full speed for the whole week, and crashed when we got home.

We left Wednesday morning and started our drive through Texas and New Mexico. We took a couple of the Route 66 turn off and that just thrilled the boys. We would be driving down the road and they would start yelling "there is Flo's" "that's Sarge's" "Where is the Cosy Cone?" We did stop at the the Tee Pee gift shop in Tucumcari and let the kids get a license plate for their wall. The whole time Miles was telling us, this place in on Cars. Then we were talking to the owner and Miles told us, he is in Cars. Pretty soon a guy walked in and Miles said he is from Cars, and he turned to him and said your right! He was one of the guys interviewed in the making of Cars and he told the boys that he is friends with Sheriff (which thrilled them) and he told them they are making a new Cars movie. The boys were very excited! When we got back to the car, Miles made Grandpa watch the Cars movie so that he could show Grandpa that we just talked to the guy from Cars, and of course Miles was right. He never forgets anything!
We spent the night in Gallup on Route 66. I think that the boys were in heaven! I was not sold on the idea of staying in one of the original motels, so we found a newer one to stay in and everyone was happy. We did not realize that we would be dealing with trains all night along. I swear they went by every 20 minutes, and every time they passed Drew would pop out of his bed and yell "CHOO CHOO MAMA!"

The next day we stopped in Moab for a break at the "Hole in Rock." It was a fun place to walk around and get the wiggles out. The boys (and I think Grandpa) were most excited about the jeep.

I don't remember where we were when we took this, but this has got to be one of the funniest things that I have seen.

We were very happy to finally make it to Greg's house that night for a great dinner that they had waiting for us. Gracie and Livi were as excited for us to get there as Miles and Tyson were to get there.

1 comments:

Lindsey said...

Oh, I just love that picture of all the cousins on the bed! Kris your boys are SO HANDSOME! And Greg's girls are darling! How fun. I'm jealous you got to go to Utah! I'm homesick!