We got up in the morning and went to see one of friends from Flower Mound that recently moved to Utah. What a great morning it was to be with Heather and her kids. It was fun to just catch up with each other. I feel that is a good friend, when we don't see each other, or talk for awhile and then when you are together it is like no time has past. I know I have several friends in Utah that read my blog, I am sorry that I was not able to see everyone, but I will try next time.
For dinner we went up Mueller Park Canyon for a weeny roast. When I was growing up we use to go this canyon and eat all of the time. Driving past our old house, and then up into the canyon brought back a flood of memories. That park has not changed much from my memories. It looked the same, smelt the same, we ate and put drinks and the melon in the stream just the same. It is nice to know that some memories from your childhood are correct, and can be relived. It was a fun night to get to do something with my kids that I used to do with I was there age. I feel bad, because I sometimes I feel like my kids are never going to have the opportunity to see where I grew up and where I went to school like they will with Troy. So I was very happy to get to spend this evening with my kids.
0 comments:
Post a Comment