Thursday, July 3, 2008

Saturday in Utah

Saturday was our fun day with the Utah Moffitt cousin. We got to ride the train into Salt Lake. This was a major highlight of our trip. The boys were beyond excited about this. It is a little sad, because we have a train in Dallas, but we don't live by it, and by the time we drove to the train, we could be in Dallas.


We rode the train to Gateway Mall (I guess, I don't know exactly what it was called). What a cool mall! I could have done some serious shopping, there were several shops that I would have liked to gone into. I guess thankfully for Troy, I had the three boys with me, and we had already made plans for the day. :(

We went to Discovery Kids and spent the day. This place was so much fun for the kids. They had a blast touching and getting into everything. I wish that there was something like that in Dallas I would get season tickets and take the kids all the time.

When you first enter you walk into a "beehive" filled with balls that they kids get to gather and drop down different tubes. We could have stayed here all day and made Drew one happy boy.
Tyson is very proud of the fact that he can spell his name (and Miles, and Drew). He can not identify all the letters yet, but he is getting there. I think this was done with some help from Aunt Carly.
.
There was a Care Flight helicopter outside that the kids could get in and pretend to flight. This is Miles and Gracie at the controls.
Livi found this costume to put on, and wore it the rest of the time, it was really cute to see her running around.
Drew and Tyson are helping with construction. Oh no Troy - maybe they are going to follow in your footsteps.
There was jeep that the boys could fill with gas and pump up the tires. They had been eyeing for for a while, but there was always a ton of kids on it. Miles and Tyson were so happy when they finally got a turn. Miles was over there telling the kids how to check the tires and put air in them, because his Grandpa Moffitt had just shown him how to do it.
We had a great day! As you can probably guess, all the kids slept on the train ride home.

0 comments: