Briton checked into the MTC today and had a little surprise. His mission was reassigned to the Uruguay, Montevideo Mission. I think that Briton was fine with this change. He has taken several years of Spanish and is practically fluent in it. I got the impression from him while talking to him in Utah that he was excited to go to Russia and serve, but he really thought that he was going to go Spanish speaking. I wonder if he had a little of "finally the right call" after they told him. I guess that Briton and Ali have been lead by the spirit in there shopping excursions also, because they did not make any purchases of winter clothes.
I have not heard of this happening before. I have heard of temporary reassignments to different missions while they are waiting on visa's, but never a permanent reassignment. So anyway, I am looking forward to learning more about Uruguay. I have thoroughly enjoyed my many nights that I have googled and wikipedia'ed Russia. I am always looking for something else to look up on wikipedia. :)
1 comments:
Kristin,
My husband, Doug, served in that mission. He loved Uruguay so much and still keeps in contact 10+ years later with many people from there. I'm sure Briton will love it there as much as Doug did.
Kristen Reid
Post a Comment