Friday, May 30, 2008

Waxahachie

Linda asked me if the boys and I would like to go to Waxahachie for a day and see what is there. It is about as far south of Dallas as we are north of Dallas. I thought it sounded fun. I am always up for a day trip and to get out of the house. I have heard of Waxahachie, it has a big Scarborough Festival thing that they do in the spring.


So, we went down and walked around the square. Went into a couple of the little antique shops and boutiques and had a nice lunch. This is Linda and the boys in front of the Ellis County Courthouse.


I thought it was interesting in front of the courthouse they have a statue of a Confederate Soldier.

I had to take a picture of it, because bet some day, someone will complain about it and make them take it down. I think that it is shame that people don't agree with certain parts of history, so think that we should have all remembrances of history removed and forget that it happened. I don't believe that you should try to rewrite history. I believe that you should remember and honor the past, learn from it, and change the future.

1 comments:

KLo said...

I love the confederate soldier! You are right, someone will come along and demand that they take it down. I don't think that we all HAVE to AGREE on parts of our history. There are things that happened that were good and things that seem to us (or to some) to have been bad. However, they tell the story of the things that different groups of people believed in the past and things that really happened. Leave the story alone!