Miles and I went to Kindergarten Round Up today. It was a fun day, and I am glad that they do this for the kids. Miles was so excited to go to school. When we got there, the kindergarten classes came out and sang us a couple of songs and then invited all the kids going into Kindergarten back their classes. Some fifth graders came to escort the kids to their classes, they were divided up by colored stickers that we got when we came in. That was the highlight of the day for Miles. They got to go class and have storytime and then do centers - so he can not wait for kindergarten now.
While he was gone to class, the principal oriented the parents. I have to say, I was a little saddened by the fact that I know my live is going to change forever in a couple of months. I will have a school aged child and will be joining the ranks with many other parents as we enter a new phase in life. Another first for me and Miles and we learn how to become a Mom and a child growing up.
While he was gone to class, the principal oriented the parents. I have to say, I was a little saddened by the fact that I know my live is going to change forever in a couple of months. I will have a school aged child and will be joining the ranks with many other parents as we enter a new phase in life. Another first for me and Miles and we learn how to become a Mom and a child growing up.
2 comments:
our little Miles is growing up toooo fast.
I remember the day I "turned Britt over to the institution" so to speak! She was so excited but I knew that everything would be different from then on. Now I'm helping her choose High School classes! I'm just not sure where the time goes! Miles will be GREAT in Kindergarten and the teacher will LOVE him because he is so darn cute and smart! You on the other hand can pick up a big diet coke on your way home to drown your sorrows!
Post a Comment