I had the perfect Thanksgiving, not sure about what everyone else thought, but really enjoyed it. Mike got a new puzzle to do, so we did most of the day while the dinner was cooking. The little kids played V-smile downstairs, while the bigger kids watch a movie. A couple of the adults napped, Troy attempted to play football with the boys, and then we eat. Why is it that Thanksgiving dinner is the best dinner of the year?
The football game.
The finishing touches on dinner. I thought it was funny that served the dinner in the pans that it was cooked in, mismatching serving pieces, paper plates. None of us would have dreamed of doing this if we served dinner at our home, but here, it was totally OK. I have to say that the Moffitt family has a great cooks...our dinner was so YUMMY!
After we eat we got to go to Rendezvous. It was a really cute play. When we were here last year, Troy and I took turns watching the play and walk Drew. The second half was new to me - I bet the first half was new to Troy.
After the play, we stopped by the temple and took a family shot. We have everyone in the family here, except for Briton who is on his mission. Although, we are already out of date because Greg and Carly are going to have a little girl in March. How to see how big our family keeps growing.All is all, I think it was a great Thanksgiving. I am truly thankful for my wonderful family and for the great time that we had together this year. Troy and I have said that we both felt luck to grow up in wonderful families and have fun memories of our extended family. We wanted to make sure that our kid have the chance to be their cousins and make their own memories. I think this week was one of those weeks.
Thursday, November 27, 2008
Thanksgiving Day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I agree completly! We had an amazing time with everyone...LOVED our whole day on Thanksgiving.... and are generally very thankful for the great week we were able to spend with you guys, and everyone else in the Family.
It was for sure, a week to be remembered!
Hooray for a Moffitt holiday! Glad you guys all had a great time.
"Nothing" is better as parents to have all your children together for a holiday. We are so blessed that we actually "enjoy" being together. Love you.
Post a Comment