Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Here We Go Again

This afternoon I get a call from Miles teacher. She says, "Mrs. Whatcott, we had a little accident at school today." My response "is Miles OK?" "Oh yeah, he is fine. He hit heads with a little girl at lunch today and broke his glasses. He has a little bruise on his eye, but we put ice on it, and he is fine." She went on to tell me that she excused him from PE and was sitting there playing puzzles, just upset about his glasses.

Honestly, these glasses are driving me CRAZY! Anyway, after school Miles and I went back to Target to get them adjusted. They were not broken, just bent, so I thought they could be fixed. Is it a bad sign when you walk in and the lady (Lindsey, as we have become friends) says, hi Miles, did you bend your glasses again? (We have been there every other week, to have them re-adjusted). I found out today that we have had his glasses since August 30th, and today we had to get his third pair. Today, like the last time we had to replace them, Lindsey broke the temple adjusting them back into shape after he hit his head on another kids head.

So, after she broke the temple, and we realized that they did not have another pair in the store that we could put the lens in. She suggests to me that I buy him sport glasses. What? Have you seen those things?
They are OK for sports, but to wear to school every day? Miles was all for it. He was trying them, and trying to talk me into getting them for him. I kept trying to talk him into the fact that they are cool right now, but he will never last all day with them at school. He was ramming me in the stomach to show me that they didn't break, and didn't hurt. (It was not helping that Lindsey was encouraging Miles). Alas, I won the fight. I found a pair of black and orange ones, and told him that they were Harley Davidson glasses. He was sold instantly. Thank goodness he can read that well yet.

2 comments:

Andrea, Mrs. said...

Harley Davidson! Now that is the way to go! (Especially if they really aren't HD, because that name will automatically make them cost more money.)

Anonymous said...

i am taking up for miles..there is a little boy that is in anna's primary class and sits next to her at school, and he wears red sport glasses and they are cute!!!
c'mon, mom!

katie