Friday, November 28, 2008

Day at the Temple

We got to go to the Nauvoo Temple day. We did not think that we were going to be able to make it because it opened to late. My Dad's cousin Gerald (who is a missionary in Nauvoo) stopped by the house and told us that the Temple president would open up the temple early today and give us an opportunity to go to the temple. So we jumped at the chance. The temple was beautiful!

As I was sitting in the chapel waiting for the session to start, you can look out the window and see Nauvoo. I thought to myself about the testimonies, and love for the gospel that those saints had. We spent the week going through the city and seeing and learning what the saints did to build up this city. They worked so hard on the beautiful temple and had to leave it behind to move on again. I am grateful for them, and the lessons of sacrifice that love for the temple that I learned this week.

0 comments: