Drew has two really disgusting habits. One is using his hair as a napkin, which also drive me crazy because I have to wash him completely after every meal and snack. The other is more annoying and gross. He eats his poop. Disgusting - yes I know!
He started doing it last summer when we went to Utah to visit my brother. The first time he did it, I freaked out! I was calling everyone - my doctor, my sister-in-law who is a nurse and finally poison control, I didn't know what was going to happen to a kid who eats poop. I was worried about E.Coli. Anyway we survived a VERY long trip home with one sick baby. I went to his doctor for a well visit shortly after we got home and was told not to worry it was probably a one time thing.
Almost a year later - I am still dealing with his gross one time thing. I had a well baby visit for Drew this afternoon. We were all ready to go, I ran upstairs to grab Drew and he has been sitting there eating his poop again. So I did a quick bath and we are off to the doctor - so this topic is fresh on my mind when we get there. After talking to the doctor about it, he says sometime kids eat weird things when their iron is low, so lets just test it to see we can rule out some reason for why he is doing this. He tested his iron and it was suppose to be up around 12 and his was 6. I am not even sure what test they did or what they were measuring, but we went for more blood tests this afternoon. Which means by the time we left our doctor visit and driving all over the hospital to find the lab with all three boys, Drew of which had basically screamed the whole time because they pricked his finger, gave him a shot and drew blood. Miles and Tyson fighting over the toys they brought to play with. I was ready to scream along with Drew.
I am much better now, and trying to figure out what tests they did on Drew today. I feel bad, with the boys fighting and Drew screaming, I was just thinking get me out of here and didn't think to ask about the tests so that I could read about them when I got home.
Monday, April 7, 2008
Disgusting
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
THAT does not sonds like a fun day! But, when you start off with a kid eating his poop, there probably is not much hope for the rest of the day :)
I hope tomorrow is a better one for you :)
Ewwwww, gross! Wish I could say it never happened to me, but I caught Kiernan doing it one day. TOTAL FREAKOUT! Called everybody too...luckily she didn't get sick. I mean really, how does a kid think this is a good thing to do? I feel for you girl...good luck with figuring it out.
All I can say is, you and Troy should be super skinny living with that little guy, nothing spoils a appetite faster than looking at poop on the face!
SHOULD be skinny...Are you saying I'm FAT???
Post a Comment