We got to meet with Miles teacher tonight for our Parent-Teacher conference. I have been able to go in and work in Miles class a couple of times this year and really like his teacher. I love how smoothly her class flows and all the kids seem to be really nice and well behaved. Miles loves school this year. I don't think that we have had one morning yet of arguing and trying to convince him to go to school like we did every day last year. So, we were both looking forward to going in and hearing what the teacher had to say. She had nothing but nice things to say about Miles. Miles always works well in his centers, he gets along well with all of the kids, and he is reading and doing math above grade level...and just a joy in his classroom.
I was so happy to hear this report about Miles. I think that Miles is a really good boy, and he is just excelling this year in school and I know it is because of the structure of his classroom. We have often described Miles as our "rules follower." If you tell him to do something, he is going to do it. In his classroom, they are sent to centers where the teacher describes in detail what they are to, and they have an assignment and contract to fill out each week. Miles loves this. He has told me several times that he really likes his centers, and it is because they are right up his alley in being a "rule follower". We love our little Miley-Smiley and think the world of him; it is really nice to hear that others think the same.
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
Miles' Parent Teacher Conference
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment