Troy had to speak in church today, and honestly I think that I was more nervous about being left alone with the kids while he sat on the stand. Our little Drew turns into a demon child during Sacrament Meeting. He has no patience and can not sit through the whole meeting. Still and he is almost 3 1/2.
Thankfully our friends the Waldron's sat with me to help with the kids. To start off, when the sacrament was passed the Deacon handed the tray to my kids. Drew saw his opportunity and practically emptied the tray with one handful. He did it so fast that that I couldn't catch his hand before he was all stuffed into his mouth. Then, just about the time that Troy was ready to start his talk he really started to act up. I was ready to leave with him, but knew that Miles and Tyson would follow. So I starting to tell them that they needed to stay while I left when Katie asked me if she could take him out. I just said "yes!!" Then thought, "I bet that her parents would have rather her stay and watch the other boys while I left." Obviously I spoke before I thought.
So she grabbed Drew and he started yelling "Don't touch me!" "Put me down!" "I don't want you!" At the top of his voice, while kicking and thrashing around. Thankfully we were sitting about 3 rows from the door and Katie was pretty much on a dead run. I guess that as soon and Drew got out of the door and realized that it was Katie and not me he said, "oh hi Katie!"
So at this point I am ready to climb in a hole and die. But, I convince myself that he wasn't screaming as loud as I imaged, and that maybe not that many people noticed. Wrong! I think that everyone in the chapel noticed and all came up to me during the rest of church to let me know that they saw and heard him scream his way out of the chapel. Honestly, I don't know what to do with my overly active and can't still for 2 minutes child. I sure hope that he decides to grow out of this phase soon.
Sunday, November 8, 2009
Can I Die Now?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I've been there so many times....and I can honestly say that people probaby don't notice as much as you think they do. I'm glad that someone was there to take Drew out so that you could enjoy Troy's talk ;)
This reminds me of a sweet little naughty girl being carried out by her Dad from Sacrament Meeting a few years ago, yelling "Don't hit me, I'll be good, don't hit me, I'll be good" I think her name was Kristin, do you know her?
I honestly didn't notice, and I was right there! And it's never as bad as you think...plus, everyone there has kids and it's all happened to us so no one thinks anything of it.....unless you just let your child stay in there and be loud ALL during church. Then it's another story.
This is great! Fun times at church. I know that has got to be hard, but to my understanding this is the best time of your life and enjoy it while you can. They don't last this age forever. Kids are great! Sometimes I wish someone could take me out of the meeting so I could play. ;0) Love these stories keep 'em coming!
I didn't even notice a sound from your direction. I guess my kids must be just as noisy to keep me distracted. Troy did a great job on his talk though.
Post a Comment