Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Rudolph

Miles got to go on his first field trip today. I think that he was more excited to go for a ride on a real school bus, than he was to go see the play. I was really excited that I got to be one Mom's to go and help chaperon....so I guess that we were both happy.

The play was Rudolph, and it was at the Casa Manana in Ft. Worth. I pulled up directions, (the Mom's have to take their own cars, and can't ride the bus) and it said it would take us one hour to get there. When I in the class working yesterday, Ms. Hopkins told me that the bus was going to leave at 9:00, and the play started at 10:30. I was thinking in my head....what are we going to do with all these kids for 30 minutes before the play starts. Well, that needed to not be a concern. The buses left at 9:00, but it took almost 2 hours to get to Ft. Worth. I don't know how this works, but I decided they must be given a route to follow, that route is minimal highways, and not to exceed 50 MPH. It was so frustrating to follow the poky bus, and know that we were late, and be helpless. Oh Well......we missed the first act, but I don't think any of kids noticed. They were still on the high from riding a bus. I honestly think that they could just drove the kids around the neighbor on a bus and they would have been thrilled.

I have never been to a play at the Casa Manana, but I think that I am going to have to start following their programs closer. The play was adorable! The costumes and set was great....I really was impressed. The kids all loved it, and the theater was a lot bigger than I was expecting. I was thinking it was going to be a community theater and we were the whole audience. When we pulled into the parking lot there was probably 30 school buses. The play was adorable, I wish that I could have taken the other boys I think that they would loved it.


I took a couple of pictures of Miles class in theater, but they are all blurry :( So this is the only picture that I got of Ms. Hopkins with her boys. They are a good class, I am so happy that Miles is enjoying school and making some good friends at school.

3 comments:

Stephanie Johnson said...

Miles' teacher looks really young. Also, are there any girls in the class? I've never had a kid go on a field trip that far away. Are they a new school? I'm glad you got to go -- you're a good mom!

Kristin said...

This is the school 3rd year and is Miles teacher first year of teaching. I will admit that we had a rough start, but I have been going in and helping in the classroom, and I really like her now. There is 6 girls in the class, but their picture wasn't as cute.

KLo said...

Britt and I totally know the frustration of a school bus going a long way! We went with the middle school cheerleaders last year to San Antonio to Sea World. The trip that should only take about 1.5 hours took more like 3.5 or 4! It was HORRIBLE! They missed most of their time there! Sheesh! I nearly hijacked the bus!