We had our first ice storm of the season last night and today. It wasn't a very big one, but enough to make a mess of everything. When we went to bed last night I told Miles, I am sure that you will have a late start in the morning, so just sleep until I get you up.
I got up this morning to watch the news and just see if we got cancelled, or delayed. Watched the news go through the whole cycle of schools, and Denton wasn't on there. I grabbed my computer and went to the school district website, sure enough we had school. On rushed mornings like today, I am so glad that I have boys and we can be quick.
I opened the garage and started to back up and slid all the way down my driveway into the street. Thankfully there were no cars coming. On my way to school I saw the school fishtail down the street coming toward me. We turned the corner and a firetruck was coming up the street, I think there was an accident at the side entrance. The whole way to the school, I am thinking did the person that decides the start time not look out their window this morning. It was crazy....it took me 15 minutes to get my house to the school. I guess that I can be grateful it was not a bad ice storm, and that we didn't have to leave the neighborhood today. I hate driving on ice.
Side note, it was in the 70's on Sunday. Never got out of the 20 yesterday and is suppose to be in the 70's again by Friday....gotta love Texas weather!
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
First Ice Storm
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Those ice storms can be scarey. I remember them from my mission. Not fun! I'm glad you guys were safe.
Oh...we hate the ice. Used to get a lot of that in St. Louis. We prefer snow any day. By the way, our School District people have been known to make a bad call now and then too...
Post a Comment