Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Stroller Skating

Troy and I have decided that I need to become more involved with our neighborhood, and try to make some friendships here. So we decide to not have Miles go back to pre-school and I joined a playgroup up here. I think that it is going to be fun. They have things schedule three to four days a week, so I think that we can be as busy as want to be. Today was a stroller skate day. I thought it sounded fun. I also thought that my friend Lesli who lives in the neighborhood and rollerblades with her stroller all the time would enjoy it. We have a blast. It lasted for about an hour, and I was worn out after an hour. But the boys had a GREAT time!!!! They have been looking forward to this for a couple of days, so when I went into their room this morning to wake them up, they jumped out of bed and where ready to go. It was VERY challenging to try to skate with two boys on roller skates and push a stroller. Thank goodness Lesli came, she was able to help me by taking one of the boys. Drew loved it. He sat there laughing and squealing at the passers by, and would yell "go mama, go mama" very time we stopped. There was 6 or 7 ladies from the neighborhood that went besides me and Lesli, so I thought that was nice. It was a fun morning, we will definitely do this again.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

All I can say is "you are brave"

Anonymous said...

That sounds like such a fun idea!!! I bet the goys had so much fun!

Greg and Carly said...

that was from me, just so you know :)