Miles' school did a character parade today for all the parents. It was so cute! Each class got to pick a book and they all dressed up as the characters from that book. The whole first grade did the 101 Dalmatians. I went to the school one day this week to help paint the shirts. They looked so cute laying out in the hall drying I could hardly way for the parade today.
The kids look adorable. All the grades looked really cute. Even the principal was dressed up. The principals of the two elementary schools in Aubrey were having a contest on raising money for books. If they reached the goal, the principals would dress up as Sumo Wrestlers, and if which ever school won, they would come to that school. Brockett raised the most money so the principals were both at our school and did a relay race around the gym dressed as sumo wrestlers. I was laughing so hard. I really wish I would have brought my video camera to get that.
I said "why didn't you wave us?"
"Because I didn't feel like it."
Here I was worried that he didn't see me and would be crushed thinking that I didn't come. They started to dismiss the classes and so I left and and went and got in the carpool line. School was out in like 5 minutes so thought that he had just enough time to walk back to his class and get his bag and then they would be out. When he came out to the car he was crying. I ask he what is wrong, through the sobs and tears came out, "you didn't watch me walk out."
Honestly!! I just sat there for an hour with him ignoring me because he wanted to, and he is now crying because I didn't watch his class leave the gym. I don't think that I win.
0 comments:
Post a Comment