I had a great time at Education Week. I told Troy that I felt like I was 14 again at EFY and on a spiritual high. I enjoyed spending the week with Anna and just catching up. I am so grateful that we have been able to remain such good friends for this long.
The thing that impressed me the most about education week was that there was 20,000 people in attendance. We all had the same believe, and were able to start each class with prayer and openly talk about the gospel. I think that I have, unfortunately, grow accustom to not really talking about church or the gospel outside of church. That is something that I am going to try to change.
I loved going to all the classes. I think that in every class that I went to I had, as Oprah terms it, a light bulb moment. Now the trick is to apply what I have learned. Everything sounds easy when you are sitting in a classroom 1,000 miles away from from your real life and don't have to apply it right at that moment. :)
Coming home was an adventure - the flight that was suppose to be on had a mechanical and got cancelled. So, after I got re booked onto another airline that left 6 hours later, that ended up having a mechanical delay, I was very happy to get home to my family. Although the boys were not happy to see me. When I went to go pick them up, Miles said "does this mean that we don't get to go to Grandma's house or to friend anymore?" I am glad that they had a great time while I was gone, thanks to everyone that entertained my family while I was gone.
Saturday, August 23, 2008
Education Week
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
That's awesome that you got to go! I had to laugh when you said "opening talk about the gossip". I'm sure you meant gospel but it made me laugh! :)
Post a Comment