Tonight we went to my niece's high school to watch the talent show and see her perform. I think that this is the first time that I have been to a high activity since my younger brother graduated. When did high school kids become so skinny? I have worked with the youth in church, but for some reason when you see them on their turf, with their friends. "AHH" I realized somehow I grew up, and didn't realize that I was no longer "hip". ( I can't even use a cool word - I really AM removed from the real world!)
When did it become cool for boys to wear tight jean, fat shiny belts, shirts that barely cover their belly button and long hair that is brushed into their face? When did girls start looking like they are ten years older than they are, dress so cute, have such cute haircuts and makeup. I guess that I have reached the age where the teens today probably look at my generation with the same horror that I looked at the eighty's generation of big hair, torn t-shirts and jeans and bright eye shadow. I am now the "old" generation. When did that happen? And to think that I still have my boys to become teenagers? I am scared!!!
By the way, Emmi you sounded GREAT!!! Can't wait to see you on again on youtube.
Friday, February 1, 2008
When Did I Get Old
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Kris-
It is so sad, but true!!! Somehow I have noticed the same thing happening. Tonight I was coming home from a much enjoyed "SOLO" trip to the store, and on the way home heard the song "1985" by Bowling For Soup. I was singing along, and relized that I was WAY too close to being the "Mom" in this song!!! How did this happen? :)
btw, I just finished Eclipse. I drew it out over 4 days, because I knew I was going to be bummed when it was over. I was right, I am seriously considering shelving the next book I had planned to read, and just started Twilight all over again! :)
Post a Comment