I have decided that the older my children get the more opinionated they are over dinner. Miles told me a couple of nights ago that all the food I make for dinner is so delicious. I thanked him and told him I hope that he will always think that. I think it was the next night I bought a rotisserie chicken for dinner and then made really macaroni and cheese (not Kraft) and baked beans. Miles looked at it, and told me that I make the most discussing dinners that he has ever had. I guess that means that I make the most delicious meals that he has ever had when he likes it - and the most discussing meals when he doesn't like it. The problem is - I can't keep track of what Miles likes and doesn't like.
Here is my example:
Miles - "I hate chicken, why do you make chicken every night and then make me eat it?"
Me - "You ate chicken nuggets for lunch. You do like chicken; tonight’s chicken is just different."
Miles - "No, chicken nuggets are meat and I like meat - I don't like chicken!"
Is there anyone who understands this argument? I am so confused. Miles and I have this same argument every time I cook chicken. So I came up with a solution that I thought might work. I take the kids for lunch one day every week. They get to choose. Friday I let Miles choose where he wanted to go to lunch.
Miles - "I want McDonald chicken nuggets."
Me - "You told me last night at dinner that you don't like chicken. So you can have a hamburger, but not chicken nuggets."
Miles - "I don't like hamburger!” (now the tears starts)
Me - "Well then I guess you can have a salad - but I am not going to get you chicken nuggets, because you didn't eat dinner last night telling me it was because you didn't like chicken."
Miles - "Chicken nuggets are not CHICKEN, they are MEAT." He is now sobbing and screaming from the backseat. I am laughing, which is making him madder.
I pull into McDonald's. "Ok Miles are you going to get a hamburger or salad."
Miles - "I don't like hamburger, I want to go a Taco Bell and get a taco."
See what I mean. He argues with me that he doesn't like chicken, but could live off of chicken nuggets. I doesn't like hamburger, but love the taco bell tacos, isn't that hamburger? But if I try to explain this to him he gets mad and starts crying (Miles has started crying at everything here lately and it is driving me CRAZY, but that is another story).
The sad thing is that I remember being the very picky eater as a child, and it driving my Mom insane. Now I am the Mom with the same problem and I am here because in my Mom wrath of making me eat peas - she wished a picky eat on me. Thanks Mom. :)
Tuesday, February 5, 2008
Dinner Time is so Hard
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
TROY----
I am so gled that you noticed!!! I have put several posts up with pics from when I am driving, and NOBODY ever comments on the dangers! Seriously, I was beginning to think that nobody was concerned for my safety!! :) BTW, I take them by just lifting my hand, and whatever it takes, it takes. I don't really aim or watch the screen or anything, if that makes it any better :) You should try it, you can get some pretty cool pics this way :)
Ok, do I dare say you TOTALLY deserve this child? :) I was sooo tired of mac n cheese with hot dogs. When we would go out for dinner we would say "Kristin, what kind of chicken are you having?"
Oh, the joys of motherhood. But I must say you are worth it....
Love ya
Post a Comment