We got home late last night and had early church this morning. So after church we decided everyone in the family needed to have a nap. That was a great idea and embraced by everyone in the family except Miles. He decided that he didn't want or need a nap. So we made a deal that he could have quite time in the playroom. Rules: No TV, no snacks, no computers, and he had to stay in the playroom. We both agreed, I laid down, Miles went to the playroom.
I little while later I heard the microwave door close. I flew out of bed and could immediately smell the burnt popcorn. As I ran past the playroom the TV was on, both mine and Troys computers are sitting on the floor with various things plugged into them. I got down stairs and Miles is cooking popcorn and getting himself a drink. The microwave is smoking!!! I am not sure how long he cooked it for, but ithere is a pocorn bag on fire in my microwave. Now my house stinks!!!
I woke my Troy to help me with the smell issue in our house. We opened up the windows and put fans in the windows, I scrubbed the microwave but it still stinks, I think that it is going to take many cleaning. I am now trying to boil vinegar water and let it set to take out the smell. Every time I open the microwave to change the water, I have to re-clean it because there is brown gross stuff running down the walls. So I guess it is working, but this is gross.
We also went and bought a air purifier....no make that two air purifiers the first one was broken. I put our dinner back in the refrigerator and we left our house for about 4 hours while we let it air out. It was to cool today so we couldn't let the kids stay in the house with all the window open.
I think that it is smelling better tonight, I least I can sit here without my eyes burning like before. I have all my candles going, and I just made cookies. I hope that the smell in gone soon. I do think that it will be awhile before I make anymore popcorn. I think that Miles will wait until Mom can help him next time.
Sunday, December 16, 2007
Oh Miles
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Oh the joys of being a mommy, thank goodness you are a light sleeper.
Post a Comment