Friday, January 16, 2009

Happy New Year

I don't even know if you can say that now that we are half way through the month. I really feel like we are just going through the motion here and not a whole lot has happened since Christmas. I didn't feel good over New Years, so Troy and boys watched movies and I started reading "Midnight Sun" - a manuscript by Stephenie Meyers, and that started my obsession with Twilight again. So, I have been reading the books again, and honestly enjoying them more this time around. I think that I start reading books and get so caught up in the story that I read them to fast and miss some of the details. I also read a book called "The Thirteenth Tale" for book club and really liked it. I actually think that everyone who read the book for book club loved it.

I have been procrastinating setting goals for myself for the New Year. I think that I have delayed on that because once I write them down, they are real, and then I have to do them. As I have thought about it, I decided that I wanted to better myself in a physical and spiritual way. So I only set two goals this year. 1) I am going to ride in the MS150 in May with Rod, so I have been working on that. Not nearly as much as I need to.....but I am writing it down now, so I will change. I do have a friend that is going to ride with me so we have been working out together and I think that we will be good motivation for each other. But, I don't want to stop there...so after the race I will come up with another goal to work on. 2) I have not been consistent with my scripture since my mission. This year in Sunday School we are studying the D&C. This fall in Nauvoo I was truly touched by the conviction that the early saints had to establish the church, learn the doctrine and live the principles. I want to continue that feeling by studying the scriptures this year.

0 comments: