Troy and I went down to the San Antonio Tea Party yesterday. What an experience!! Troy was working in Austin so we decided to be in San Antonio about 2:00 for the Glenn Beck program at 4:00, the tea party started at 6:00. When we got to San Antonio it took us about an hour to find a parking spot. That was went we realized that it just might have a good turn out. After we parked and walked to the Alamo we were able to stand across the street from the stage, and then after his program we were able to move up closer for the rest of the rally.
During the rally they told us that there was about 15,000 people there. Together we prayed for this country and our leaders. We sang "God Bless America" and said the pledge of allegiance. What an incredible experience to be that many people singing, praying and reaffirming that we are "one nation under God." During the rally we heard speakers remind us are a government for the people by the people. That we have a constitution that was written to give us rights and liberties and to insure that we are protected by the government, but not to be ruled and dominated by the government. I loved it!! I do believe in the constitution and do believe that we are a choice a nation. I do also believe that we have some government officials that have taken on more control and over stepped their bounds with all the bailouts, taxes and spending. One thing that I have learned from this experience is that I need to become more active in the elections - both local and national - and make sure that I vote for honest men that will represent my beliefs and stand by the constitute and the rights that I have been given. I think that I have become complacent by just voting for a party and not for the person.
This is the video I made of our rally.
Thursday, April 16, 2009
The San Antonio Tea Party
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Good for you, Kristin!
This bought on the tears. Great video.
Wow! This is powerful. I think that getting more involved is a responsibility we all need to take on. Thanks for the reminder.
Post a Comment