Miles came home from school today dramatic throws himself on the couch and said "I am so not into this". I asked "into what?"
"Lily asked me to be her boyfriend and I just think that I am not into this". I am now picking myself up off the floor. "What?!" I am thinking to myself , "you are 6! What in the world do you know about boyfriends yet?!" I couldn't believe it. I was not ready for this. I guess that figured that he would be closer his pre-teen/teenage years before I heard this conversation. So, I asked calmly "what did you say to Lily?"
"Nothing. I just hide my head like this (showing me how he hid his head in his elbow) and then I fell over like I was dead like this (now falling over and hanging his tongue out of the side of his mouth and rolling is eyes into the back of his head)."
I again was shocked in silents. First, I am shocked that he asked to be someones boyfriend, and then I am shocked that pretended like it killed him. I guess that I am glad it said no - I am guessing falling over dead means no. But, I am also glad that we 10 more years to prefect how to say no to girls politely. I am wondering if the rest of the story play out something like: Lily runs away crying and goes homes telling her mom that she hate boys and never wants to see Miles Whatcott again.
When asked Miles, "What did Lily do when you fell over?" He just shrugged his shoulders.
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
I'm Not Into This
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
This is a classic story! Miles is already breaking hearts. Too cute.
You have one cute kid!!
too funny... MaCayela had a boyfriend in her class in cal, spencer. it just made me laugh.
Dad and I are still laughing.... this kid cracks me up
Post a Comment