Saturday, March 21, 2009

Spring is Here

I love spring. I love emerging from a dark and dreary winter to the light cheerful spring. I have my little signs of springs: I watch for the Tulips, my favorite flower; the Bradford Pear trees are my indicator trees, the first to get blossoms in the spring, first to turn bright red in the fall; the grass starting to turn green, and the urge to be outside and enjoy the sun.

The boys spring indicator: SWIMMING!!!
They have been wearing shorts for most of the month, and everyday that it is sunny I am asked "can we swim yet?" So, today the answer was "Yes". We heated up the pool for the boys. They were in it most of the day. We even had a fire in the fire pit and roasted hot dogs and marshmallows for dinner.

Welcome Spring!!

3 comments:

Melanie said...

What a great way to welcome Spring! I love Spring too.

Cotton Queen said...

How FUN!!!!

Amy Nielson said...

I love Spring too. The weather here has been so nice. I wish it was always in the 70's.