This weekend was my first MS150 ride. I have been training pretty much since the first of the year, so I was so excited for the ride to start on Saturday. As this week has progressed the weather reports have been increasing grim, so I spent Friday looking for a rain coat and preparing for the worst.
Sherri has been so great and supportive in helping me get ready for this ride. Here we are at the starting line. We rode for competing bike shops, and got alot of comments about it. 
The Performance Bicycle Team was awesome. I was the only new member on the team this year. They were all cheering me on. When we finished the day the walking into the tent, they all clapped and cheered for us.
First stop at 20 miles. I rode with Sherri to this point and kept her pace - probably the fastest 20 miles that I have done yet. But not long after this point I had to slow down to my pace and Rod and Jaxon stayed with me. Sherri was able to finish the ride about 45 minutes faster than she was planning. She did awesome.
Do we look like brother and sister or what?
Last rest stop at 70 miles. We had 15 miles to go, and had been in the rain for the last 5 miles. We going to pull in and let Troy and Ruth know that we were at the last stop and would see them in an hour. Instead we were told that we had to put our bikes in the field they had called the ride for the day. There was severe weather in the area, hail storms and tornado watches. We were then told that we would bused to the Speedway and our bikes would be there in the morning for us to pick up for the ride in the morning.
All the riders lined up waiting for the bus.
After waiting for like 45 minutes for a bus. Going to the speedway a long around way, waiting for a car accident to clear we finally made it. I was not able to ride across the finish line, but took a picture by it. It was a great day and a lot of fun. Everyone on the ride really seemed to be enjoying themselves and it was so fun to see people on the side of the road cheering us on, especially when it was my hubby and boys in the front of the donut shop.
4 comments:
Wow that is great!!
You rock!!!!! Seriously. Too bad they had to call the race, but it makes for a good story too.
I'm sure you will be sharing stories of this "first" bike run for many years to come. I am so proud of you and the support you show your brother.
Kudo's to you. You are truly a supermom!
Post a Comment